Welcome to "Barbara's Excellent Adventure"

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good News!

To the many requests for results of the latest scan, I have been saying, "No news is good news." I think Van was wanting me to call, just to check, but I was figuring that if there was anything I needed to know, they would tell me. Yesterday, we met with the radiation oncologist, Dr. Gillis, and I was right! There is no spread of cancer, and it appears that the radiation is working. There were three sites being radiated, two of them involving nodes. One of them appears to be totally clear; the other is barely visible. The third site is a mass which is fuzzy, indicating that it is breaking up and seems to be smaller already. The next scan, in July or August, will be a better indication of the results of the treatment. It also seems clear that the sternum fracture is healing. Van and I celebrated with breakfast at the Main Street Coffee Company, tucked in an unlikely neighborhood in Redwood City. One wouldn't want their old-fashioned hearty breakfasts everyday, but it is fun every once in a while. (Google it for more description).

I am thanking the Powers That Be on a daily basis for evidence-based medicine and for my trust and faith in the power of Right Thought (and prayers), my own and the stream surrounding me from all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment