Welcome to "Barbara's Excellent Adventure"

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Home from ER (email sent 2/2/11)

Barbara has asked me to post onto her blog several emails I've sent to my own list of Barbara 'fans' over the past month. Here's the first one.... Laurel

I had a lovely visit with Barbara this morning in her bedroom--she is in remarkably good spirits--to hear her describe her 12+ hours in the Kaiser emergency room yesterday, you'd almost think she'd had a day at the spa!! Her actual words: "It was just heavenly to lie there. The people were amazing--the nurses, the CAT scan people, the new people when they changed shifts. And that ER doctor (Dr. Lyn Aborn), oh my gosh..." She was eating well throughout, with the staff bringing her turkey sandwiches with bean salad, and Van bringing wonderful won ton soup from the little café downstairs later.

CAT scan results showed more aggressive tumor growth than hoped for at this stage, but not spread to the brain, which was a big concern. Barbara is making plans for where to place the hospital bed, and was going to be talking with her oncologist today, hoping to move her next appointment earlier than the Feb 14th date she currently has.

She came home late last night, as soon as the 2 units of transfusions were done being administered. She continues to say that everything is falling into place perfectly.Van has canceled Barbara's client appointments for the time being.

If you get this message forwarded to you and want to be added to my email list, please let me know. I'll keep you posted as I hear more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment