Welcome to "Barbara's Excellent Adventure"

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Your love is carrying me


Here is the view from Barbara's bed; beloved family friend Jeff is visiting this weekend from Seattle. The bouquets of spring flowers are gorgeous; we sorted out her bedside table so she could enjoy them even more.


4 days since our last post…. I told Barbara that some of you had been asking for more frequent updates and are checking her blog every day for posts. In her own words… “How can I tell you how much you all mean to me? I love you all so much! Your love is present in this room, carrying me, one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time.”


After it seemed we’d been talking for perhaps too long, I asked if we might be overdoing it—she said “We’re going to overdo it all the way!” Barbara says she is a little “loopy [from the meds] and extremely happy.”


1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara - I've been out of the loop and trying to navigate my own stormy seas, and I apologize for not speaking up earlier. Maybe Jeff can give you a big, long, warm hug from me. You've always been such a pillar of peace and acceptance and strength, and I'm just imagining holding your hand just now. I love you and am thinking of you. - Kelly

    ReplyDelete